Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No Longer "Pink"

"Of Pink Ribbons and a Bloody Cross."

http://www.ellerslie.com/Eric_Ludy_Sermons/Entries/2010/10/10_Of_Pink_Ribbons_%26_a_Bloody_Cross.html

This is a sermon preached by Eric Ludy last October, about a year ago. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month- and who would ever let us forget it?

I listened to this sermon with my heart pounding. I was shocked.

This sermon is not for the faint-of-heart.

It's also not for the Christian who wants to find a way to justify himself.

It is a sermon that shines a bright, piercing, blinding light of REALITY on a major issue in our Christian culture today. I can almost guarantee that if you haven't heard this sermon yet, you are probably caught up on the anti-Christian side of this battle without even realizing it. I know I was. (Paris Reidhead's "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" also addresses this same issue.) That's a bold statement for me to make, and I may be treading on thin ice here. It was just as "offensive" when I heard it. However, everything goes back to Scripture- is IT your guiding light, the end-all be-all, the final word on every issue in life? If you are a Christian, then the answer should be yes. And I cannot argue that Scripture does not support what is preached in this sermon. It does. And praise the Lord that it does, for it frees us from all our vain efforts and self-strivings. We lean upon HIM. HE is our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverer, our Shelter. He is the Lord; there is none other who is able to save. AMEN!

Finally, before you listen, ask yourself this question: Are you a humanitarian? At least, do you try to be a good humanitarian? Most would answer, yes, of course!

Well, consider this definition from www.dictionary.com:
Humanitarianism:
1) the doctrine that humanity's obligations are concerned wholly with the welfare of the human race,
2) the doctrine that humankind may become perfect without divine aid.

I, friends, am most definitely NOT a humanitarian.

Please, listen to this sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment